AVS are extremely proud to announce our recent achievement of becoming ISO 9001 certified. As an ISO 9001 certified organisation we have taken many steps to implement quality management system requirements for all areas of the business.
These areas include training, services, facilities, people and equipment.
What exactly is ISO 9001 Certification?
ISO stands for the International Organisation for Standardisation, an organisation that develops and publishes international standards. ISO 9001 is one of the standards within the range of ISO 9000 standards.
The ISO 9000 is a family of quality management systems that contains some of ISO’s best known standards.
These standards are there to help organisations make sure they meet the needs of customers and other stakeholders, as well as ensure that statutory and regulatory requirements related to a product are met.
This way it is ensured that quality is consistently improved.
What are the ISO 9001 requirements?
The ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems Requirements document outlines requirements such as :-
- All employees of the organisation understand and follow the quality policy at all levels.
- Recorded data should be used to help the business make decisions about the quality system.
- Regular auditing and evaluating is needed for the quality system to be tested for conformance and effectiveness.
- Customer requirements are determined by the business.
- Systems have been created by the business for communicating with customers about issues such as product information, contracts, inquiries, orders and feedback.
- The business ensures that no one uses a bad product.
- The company knows how to deal with any problems, whether they be existing or potential ones.
The examples above are just a few of the requirements AVS have been accredited for.
What does this mean for AVS Fencing Supplies?
As an accredited company, we are focused on delivering quality products and customer service.
We are proud of our recent achievement but we are also always looking to maintain our standards and improve our business, to suit the needs of our customers.
A special thanks goes to all our staff members involved in helping us gain this certification, our team has worked really hard to make this possible.
What Happens Next?
So if you want to find out more about what ISO accreditation means to a company like ours and how this benefits you as a customer, just head to the ISO website or leave a question in the comment box below.
We would love to get your feedback!